This is a super easy and fun recipe to make with the kids.
3 egg whites
1 tsp Vanilla
1/4 tsp Cream of Tarter
1 Cup Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1. Preheat oven 275 F degrees
2. Beat egg whites, Vanilla, Cream of Tarter, and pinch of salt until there are soft peaks
3. Then add sugar gradually, beat until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
4. You can add 4-6 drops of food coloring or more depending how dark you would like the color. You can divide it into more bowls and do multiple colors. Otherwise you can leave it just white.
5. Cover baking sheets with wax paper.
6. The next part is the fun part. You can shape them however you want. You can do it as easy as spoonfuls, you can make little nests by pushing the middle in, or grab a piping tip and make'em look real pretty.
7. Bake them for 1 hour and then once cooled store them in a air tight container.